If your house was built before 1978 there may be a possibility the house may have asbestos. However,throughout the years there may have been some home improvements that may have eliminated the toxin altogether. Asbestos is an insulation used in homes and the common culprit is tile, around pipes, in the attic or crawl spaces, but not limited to theses areas. If the insulation in these areas look old or degraded in any way it could be asbestos and it should be removed by a professional. Asbestos is a fibrous material and its color can range from beige to gray and slightly orange DO NOT TOUCH ASBESTOS!!! If you have to touch it wear long sleeve shirts and gloves. Better yet, let the specialists at BB Construction take care of it for you.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I THINK I HAVE ASBESTOS?
You contact us! Asbestos removal contractors are licensed to test the area that may be infected. In order to do an estimate on the property we must test to make sure our services are needed. Each test can range from $25 to $50 per sample taken. This test cannot be sent out by just anyone and must be done by a licensed asbestos inspector. In order to use this license there are additional fees for their services. The inspector comes to your home takes a few samples of the suspect areas and sends them out to the lab for testing. Testing of such material can take anywhere from 5 to 10 business days. If the tests come back negative then you can proceed with any home remediation. If they come back positive, then that section must be removed and cleaned of all toxins, in which case a free estimate can be done on the proper removal of the hazardous material. We will ask your family or tenants to stay away while the process of removing asbestos happens. Due to its fibrous nature the toxins are released in the air and can be harmful if you are exposed to it. Proper removal of asbestos may take 3 to 7 days to remove depending on the scale or amount of asbestos that needs to be removed.
HOW CAN I TELL IF HAVE A LEAD PROBLEM IN MY HOME?
Lead can be in and around your house without notice. The majority of lead is on paint or in the pipes. This must be removed in order to avoid lead poisoning. Sometimes we´re unaware of lead until our house is inspected. Typically, if you receive an inspector’s notice of lead on the premises, that must be removed immediately, because of the hazard it may pose to health. Windows may also need to be replaced, due to lead content.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I THINK I HAVE A LEAD PROBLEM?
It would be a good idea to get a licensed contractor to remove the lead from your home, especially if you received an inspection notice of lead removal. In order to get a free estimate you should fax over or email the inspection report to our office and an estimator will review it and let you know the best course of action to remove the lead. For lead abatement the task may take 1 to 3 days depending on the amount of removal needed. Once the job is done we come back with the inspector to make sure that the job was performed adequately and will eliminate the notice.
HOW CAN I TELL IF I HAVE A MOLD PROBLEM IN MY HOME?
Mold is present when there is moisture on a porous surface. After a heavy rainfall or if condensation is present on your home surfaces and they are allowed to stay moist, mold can start growing and forming on windowsills, basements, walls, etc. This can be easily prevented by cleaning and drying the surface area. If the area is not immediately cleaned, mold can grow within 24 to 48 hours. Once mold is present this can cause several health problems for you and your family. If the mold cover less than 10 square feet of surface area you can clean it up your self. If it covers more than 10 square feet of service area you can clean it up your self. If it covers more than 10 square feet then you should contact us to help remove any mold.
WHAT IF I TRY TO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM AND FIND MOLD HAS GONE THROUGH WALLS OR SURFACES?
As professional mold removers , we can ensure the removal of mold from all surface areas and air. Mold can be airborne and be the cause of different health problems. In order to receive a free job estimate for mold we would need to visit your home and look at the size and depth of the problem. To remove mold it may take 1 to 3 days to remove it from the premises completely.
DO YOU HAVE A QUESTION THAT WAS NOT COVERED HERE?
We are proud to say that over the years all the projects we have worked on have finished on time, according to scope of work and in accordance with all the federal and state regulation.
"Very professional and helpful. Kept me abreast of where they were at all the times.
"On time, as promised, and under budget.
Couldn´t be happier."
"Very happy with the results, we needed a win on this project..."